Us

Us

1.07.2009

Christmas is over.

And our tree is waiting in the backyard for Paul to send it home to its maker. It left us its own kind of gifts, however, and I am still finding pine needles everywhere. :) Thanks for the memories, Tree.


Well, tonight Ella is sleeping in her own bedroom, for the first time ever. And I am a little nervous, but I think it will stick, because we had to take the crib apart to get it out of our bedroom and into hers, and I'd have to be pretty desperate to do that again. She had a little trouble falling asleep in her new room, but she is sleeping soundly now, so I am hopeful! In some ways, I am sure that I am a bad parent, because babies want to be close to their parents and maybe even snuggle with them at night. But we tried that, and she doesn't sleep very well in our bed, and we wake her up every night when she sleeps in our bedroom. (I used to think that she just got hungry every night at ten or ten-thirty, but then I realized, even if we were quiet as little churchmice, she would always be "hungry" right when we went to bed.) So I guess separate rooms are just right for our family-- but I'll let you know how it goes in the future.


And on the food front, here is another update:


Yummm. Blueberries.

1 comment:

doting mom said...

I can't believe she is so dang cute!!!

How did she sleep last night? You are on the cutting edge of parenthood, allowing her to sleep in her own room.

love you,

Mom