Us

Us

7.28.2014

Buddies.



I admit that I was a little disappointed when I found out we were having another boy. This really had nothing to do with gender, and I could go on and on about why that is, but it's not really relevant. 

I just didn't want their to be a gender divide in our family. I kind of figured if we had a girl, that Max would be equally close with his big sister and little sister. 

But when you have two girls and them two boys there is this expectation that the girls will be close and the boys will be close. It has already started.  I get lots of comments like, "Another boy, huh? Now he will have someone to play with." 

Well, he already has someone to play with. Two someone's actually.  But, he and Charlotte do play better together than he and Ella right now. I imagine it's an age thing more than anything else. And just like the rest of life, I expect that will change. So we will just see how these sweet friendships grow and develop over the next twenty years. 

No comments: