Us

Us

10.30.2013

Arrrr


You may or may not know this, but Krispy Kreme gives out free donuts once a year if you dress like a pirate.

You also may or may not know that I love donuts.  But if you know me, you probably do know that.  It has been a longstanding love in my life.  I do believe in eating nourishing foods most of the time.  But seriously, an occasional donut is essential in one's path to fulfillment.

I did not know about Krispy Kreme's pirate day until (not kidding) 6:30pm on the day of said promotion.  The reasonable thing to do would have been to just put the kids to bed like any other night.  Bedtime was quickly looming.  I also was babysitting a friend's son.  And Paul was gone at a kickball game (yes, he is on a kickball league).  So really, it was insane to even consider dressing four children and myself up as pirates for free donuts.  But such is the lure of those golden fried pastries that I whipped up costumes for everyone and loaded us in the car and drove forty-five minutes to the nearest Krispy Kreme for free donuts. 

It was actually a really fun night.

No comments: