The last days...

Well... still no baby. So, basically I have been spending the week trying to distract myself from the very obvious. Paul actually told me last Sunday, "You need a hobby. Why don't you write a book or something this week?" I informed him that book-writing isn't a very practical hobby with a toddler in tow. So I made up my own hobbies (mostly to avoid socializing, because it's just too depressing to "still be pregnant" around my friends). So we did some of park hopping. The weather has been BEAUTIFUL. The downside to this beautiful weather, a very real awareness that the air conditioning in our car is still not working. The day of reckoning speedily approaches. We are going to have to get that fixed before too long.Paul and I attended an Aggie baseball game Tuesday night. (An invitation from hesitant friends: "Ummm, so, have you had the baby?"
"Do you think you will tonight?"
"Good! We have tickets to the baseball game!"
A girl can always hope that the thrill of baseball can get labor going. But the final score was 17-1, A&M. Really fun game. Really not edge of your seat kind of stuff.

Lots of reading and singing and loving on my baby while she's still my only one.

Okay, I just put this one in because Ella looks so cute in my apron. Let's be honest here. I have done very little actual cooking this week. The upside of that being that there are very few dishes. What a beautifully clean kitchen we have!

Yes, this is more like it. Anyone recognize the classic Cracker Barrel scene here? I told Paul that my new hobby is going out to eat. He has been amazingly accommodating. I have a really good husband. We are actually sick of restaurants.

Well, here I am, seven days late. Which I think would not have been so stressful but for the daily, regular Braxton-Hicks contractions. I have been woken up by contractions three nights in the last week. I have been sure every single day that "today is the day". So so discouraging. It was actually pretty easy to wait for Ella (six days late) because nothing happened until the night I went into labor. I feel like I've been teased all week long. It's been pretty emotional for me.

We agreed many months ago that we would induce labor on late-day eight, because Spring Break starts for Paul tomorrow, and I didn't want to waste even an hour of the precious time that we get to spend together. And let's face it, I really didn't think I would go this late. Um, hello, I was only six days late with Ella. So this morning before my doctor's appointment I had to do some soul searching and praying to know if this was really a good decision. Inducing labor increases the risk of fetal distress, increases the likelihood that I will be unable to cope with the often more-intense contractions caused by synthetic hormones, and increases the incidence of other medical interventions, including Cesarean delivery. All of which I want to avoid. Obviously. So, I went to the doctor's office not completely sure what we would do. And left feeling amazingly good about inducing labor tomorrow. So we are. Tomorrow at noon. I'm still not sure why it feels so right, because I am a big believer in allowing your body to do its job on its own. But I am going with it. Wish me luck and send a prayer my way. We are having a baby tomorrow!


The Jacksons said...

I am so excited for you! Good luck and I can't wait to see your little sweetheart!

Sarah and Troy said...

Having down it both ways, induction wasn't so bad. Just long. I'm so excited for you guys! And you are super cute pregnant.

Sara G said...

Yahoooo for babies! I was thinking of calling you last night, but I didn't want you to have to deal with that depressing "no, not yet." Let me know when I can bring dinner. Good luck!

The MK Crew said...

Yay for tomorrow! Sorry your waiting game has been so long! We're excited to see your new addition. Good Luck!